Thursday 18 June 2015

5 Products I Couldn't Live Without!

Ok, so, you've spent your pocket money, wages and now your student loan on beauty products that claim to turn you into Kendall Jenner over night. But, oh dear, it seems Ugly Betty has been Tuned for another series in your bedroom. I get it, it's hard trying to keep up with the latest must-have beauty looks. One week it's purple lips the next its beehive hair. But there's 5 items that, now I have found them, I will never change again! Even better, they don't break the bank. 

1. P.S Love Lashes (Aka Primark

If anyone knows the struggle with getting fuller and longer lashes it's me. I'm half Chinese which basically means my eyelashes are 2mm stubs of grey. I began wearing fake lashes a few years ago. I always bought Eyelure but £5 a pack seemed extremely extortionate and unfair, especially since I always lose them after wearing them once. But the God of all Retail Shops answered our prayers, Primark! I always go for Sultry as they're not over dramatic and seem to apply easier than the other styles. You also get glue in the pack but I use Eyelure glue from Boots/Superdrug for like £2.50 for a big bottle and I get exactly the same look. I reuse the Lashes 3 times before starting a new pack (providing I don't lose them) And they're only a pound! 

2. W.I.P Nail Varnish (Urban Outfitters) 

Painting your nails is fun, but the novelty soon wears off when they chip every other day and you find yourself scrubbing and re-polishing every week. It's hard work being a girl. But Urban Outfitters is here to save the day! I don't usually buy beauty products from Clothes Shops as I'm always weary that they'll be cheap crap as it's not their field of specialty but, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried out UB's Nail Varnish. The first time I wore it, it lasted 3 whole weeks, with only a couple of chips in the last week or so. They have hundreds of Summer Pastels, Metallics and Glittery colours to fit with any occasion. They're 2 for £10 which may sound expensive, but it's defiantly well worth your money and the bottles are larger than ordinary varnish bottles so you get your moneys worth and more!

3. Studio Sculpt Foundation (MAC) 

Guilty, It did cost me £25. But one bottle of this liquid miracle lasts an extremely long time, with my last bottle lasting over a year! Not only that, it's light but gives you a fresh flawless complexion that lasts all day. It's well worth the investment. 

4. Tan Organic Self-Tanning Oil

I love being tanned. But the hassle of Fake Tanning twice a week, smelling of curry and biscuits and risking looking like a tiger-skin weirdo is all too much. I got a tester of this Tan in one of my BirchBoxes a couple of months ago. I only used a drizzle and it covered both legs and I woke up golden! It smells delicious when you first apply it but after a day or so it starts to smell like Fake Tan, but no where near as strong as other tans i've used. It doesn't go streaky and dries instantly! 100% the best tan I have ever used and has banished all the problems I once had with fake tanning! I bought mine on Amazon for £21.

5. Batiste XXL Dry Shampoo

Basically, I have a fat face so having voluminous hair is extremely important to me. I tried different techniques like back combing but it's not ideal when a little bit of wind starts and you get home after a long day, look in the mirror, and realise you've had giant knotted devil horns all day. I use dry shampoo anyway as my hair gets greasy very quickly, but the Batiste XXL Dry Shampoo works so well with banishing the greasy look and adding volume in the right places! It's so easy to use and takes 30 seconds in the morning!   









2 comments:

  1. I love all of Urban's polish, it's so great! This is a great list of necessities :)
    xx, emily // www.shrewdandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree and enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading x

      Delete